Yes, hold menu does give some useful shortcuts (I'm particularly using it
to add Contexts and to Delete tasks). However its Date button means "Due
date", which I'm not using very much. There's now way of setting it up to
launch "Start date". Maybe that's slightly different on Android, I'm not
sure.
Thanks anyway!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/9e63f019-c0d1-4ad5-8ddd-f1dd2e9d580f%40googlegroups.com.