I'm glad you like the icons. I used to do a lot of trips, for a while, and
spent a bit of the time creating my own, custom icons. I used simple shapes
with specific colours for particular groups of icons, so that they would be
quick to recognise at a glance. Back when you could get a Google Groups
conversation thread pinned to the top of a forum, I started this thread to
share icons and useful formatting and filtering examples
<https://groups.google.com/g/mylifeorganized/c/hG6vICmLW1k/m/fT_8dsgFCAAJ>.

The key with getting your icons to work, is to assign them to automatic
formatting rules sorted into the right order (so the ones you want to see
don't get overwritten by later rules). Here are screenshots of what I have
at the start and the end of my automatic formatting rules list:

[image: MLO automatic formatting - Rules at the start of the list.png] [image:
MLO automatic formatting - Rules at the end of the list.png]

I don't have the problem of viewing icons for multiple contexts - All of my
tasks have only one context at any particular time. Having said that,
though, it would be possible to group your icons into different categories
and then set up autoformatting to post them into different icon positions.
As I recall, you get positions 0-3 (with position 0 being for the checkbox
and folder icons.