In my opinion, the suggestion from Steven Jones is exactly correct. The only
thing I would add, is that the "delete this task"  item should be set up so
that it sorts to the top of the daily to-do list on the day that it becomes
active. That way you can get it out of the way early, and the actual work to be
done will be at the point in the task list that it should be at based on the
original setup.