"Aurelian Dumitru" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Please record the following bug identified on the MySQL server:
>
> 1. Hardware: SUN Ultra 10
> 2. Operating system: Sun Solaris 2.7
> 2. MySQL server version: 3.23.33
> 3. Error description:
>      - The following SQL statement returns incorrect results when is
executed
> using the 'mysql' client: SELECT @myvar := ( CURRENT_DATE - 1) ;
>      - I ran this query every day. It worked fine untill May 1st, 2001

I gues every day didn't include April 1, 2001 b/c that won't work either.

>, when the
> above query returned the following value: 20010500 . It should have
returned
> 20010430.

No, it returned the right value.  current_date returns a date of the format
'2001-05-01'.  When you do arithmetic on it, it's converted to an integer.
20010501 - 1 = 20010500 so it gave the currect value.  If you want to
subtract one day from a date do this:

SELECT DATE_SUB( current_date, INTERVAL 1 DAY );

--
Steve Werby
President, Befriend Internet Services LLC