Eugene,

does your operating system support over 2 GB files?
Which MySQL version you are running? What is the opeerating system?

I guess the problem is that the OS does not support over 2 GB
files. You should create smaller data files.

I will add to os0file.c a more informative error message than
an assertion failure :).

Regards,

Heikki
http://www.innobase.fi