I think this is a touch on the negative side.  I'm sure many people get soured on
MySQL when they to a post here and get yelled at for not trying hard enough.  It
sounds like Mary is having a valid problem.  Her query works fast in one database and
slow in the other.  Because she did not come out and put her table schema and sql in
the first email is no reason to insult her.  I think a helping hand is a better
approach.  Mabey a couple general suggestions on MySQL tuning and a "We would need to
see the schema and SQL statement to help further".  I agree that it seems very strange
that MS-SQL runs fater than MySQL on a query.  Microsoft seems to always be plaiged
with performance problems.  Insulting someone will not help convert them to MySQL it
will drive people away.

Anyway enough of my rant...

Serge.