From: Serge Paquin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 11:01 AM
To: Mark Matthews
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MySQL vs. Oracle (not speed)

I think this is a touch on the negative side.  I'm sure many people get
soured on MySQL when they to a post here and get yelled at for not trying
hard enough.  It sounds like Mary is having a valid problem.  Her query
works fast in one database and slow in the other.  Because she did not come
out and put her table schema and sql in the first email is no reason to
insult her.  I think a helping hand is a better approach.  Mabey a couple
general suggestions on MySQL tuning and a "We would need to see the schema
and SQL statement to help further".  I agree that it seems very strange that
MS-SQL runs fater than MySQL on a query.  Microsoft seems to always be
plaiged with performance problems.  Insulting someone will not help convert
them to MySQL it will drive people away.

Anyway enough of my rant...

Serge.