At 5:10 PM -0500 2/8/05, Jack Trout wrote:
> It's really not a good idea to recommend people commit theft of
 service. It's a felony, and can have pretty hefty fines. If the cable
 guy happens to climb the pole to work on a neighbor's connection and
 finds that you did this to yours, all it takes is a phone call for
 them to start making your life hell.

Well Theft would be climbing the pole and connecting or disconnecting something, but if the cable company neglected to place a filter on your line, is it stealing? I dont think it is

That's what I was referring to. The post I replied to suggested someone climb the pole and remove the filter. That is theft.
--
Dan Wilga [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Administrator http://www.mtholyoke.edu