If
>students are not implied, then maybe we're working on different
definitions
>of some of these words.
>
>3. Mission
>The purpose of NewNOG is to provide forums in the North American region
>for education and the sharing of knowledge for the Internet operations
>community.
>
>[snip]
>
>NewNOG serves as a bridge between the technical staff of leading
Internet
>providers close to network operations, technical communities such as
>standards bodies, and the academic community.

I contest this statement. I have never specifically thought of NANOG as
an organization specifically for that purpose. Education does not imply
students, just people who want to learn. This should imply everyone in
the current community.

I'm against specifying classes of members. As mentioned in other posts,
anyone can attend meetings, even non-member full/part time students. :)

>--
>kris

 CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for
the sole use of the
Any unauthorized review,
copying, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please
message. Thank you.