On 8/25/23 19:16, Tom Beecher wrote:

In my experience and testing with them, you have a decent bit of headroom past the published RIB/FIB limits before they'll fall over.

They are holding up pretty well for us, mainly because we do a lot more BGP on MX480's than on MX204's. We use the MX204's mainly for peering and CDN gateways. Where we use them for edge customers, it's a handful of BGP sessions.

On MX480 16GB RE's running two full BGP feeds but hundreds of customer sessions, Add-Paths really eats into RAM. We've had to upgrade some of the busier routers from 16GB to 64GB RE's, especially on later versions of code where ROV can also bite into memory on boxes carrying lots of BGP sessions.

Mark.