It’s recently come to my attention that I must stand partially corrected in
what I said below.

Apparently, Tata is rejecting routes that have neither RPKI nor an RIR-based
IRR record created after 1993.

This means that virtually all legacy holders who change IRRs or make any of a
number of other possible updates to their IRR data will be unreachable to
single-homed Tata customers (and unable to reach them).

This unfortunate choice by Tata is likely to become a trend in the future, but
I figured it would be several more years before that happened. In fact, I was
hoping it wouldn’t really take shape in a meaningful way until IPv4 lost its
relevance.

Unfortunately, Tata has decided to take the lead in disconnecting legacy prefix
holders and pushing the RIR contract agenda.

Owen