----- Original Message -----
From: "perseveref28r" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Don't you have to change "the setting" every time you fold the boat
> in and out. You aren't using hifield levers too are you?
Yes, you have to change the setting if you fold the boat WITH MAST UP. For
trailering purposes however, take the mast down on the water in the unfolded
position, no setting change neccessary.
>
> Also, what is the replacement frequency? At Key West two years ago,
> the Samson vendor said that he knew the F-boats were using these for
> shrouds, but recommended change out on an annual basis. Yep, every
> year. Apparently UV degradation was the issue.
The first set I put up was TECH-12 which I bought for $1.50 per foot, a
total of eighty feet for $120 I could afford to change it the following
year, "just in case". Well the next change cost a little more and has been
up for two years and looks quite white and fuzzy. However after
corresponding with the "experts", I feel safe to use it for another season
and change it after the 3rd year, "just in case" (by then we may have some
test results and I intend to sent the old shrouds to be "break" tested). The
stuff is now about $3.50 a foot, but in sailing dollars that is within
reason.
Felix K
| Yahoo! Groups Sponsor | |
|
|
Yahoo! Groups Links
- To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/F-Boats/
- To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
- Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
