Perhaps you can post the code that does the multiplexing - it may shed some
light on this issue. By the way, there's nothing wrong with multiplexing -
and it's not that hard to get it right, just follow a few simple rules like
the dead time, and you also haven't mentioned the frequency yet, which
should probably be around 200Hz (you may have set it too high). In my
opinion it's a complete waste of drivers not to multiplex, especially with
a relatively high duty cycle, like 1/3 (e.g. when you have 6 tubes and you
switch 2 at a time). Yours is 1/6, so you need to overdrive the tube a bit
more, but other than that there's nothing wrong with it.