I'm afraid all active current limiters will change with temperature, just
some will be affected more and some less. But small changes (0,1mA or less)
won't be critical in a nixie clock, I think. So if a circuit will be stable
enough to provide desired current +-0,1mA in temperature range of 0°C to
about 70°C, with supply voltage changing 20V max - I'd call it good enough.
About variations of Vgs curves - within one production batch of transistors
differences are usually minimal. So after ordering a batch of transistors
you have to check just one of them and you can safely assume that all other
will behave almost identically. Vbe differences in current mirrors are much
more critical, as the difference gets amplified.

If those two factors are still too big, then you have to use a circuit
using a current sensing resistor, an amplifier of Rsense voltage drop and a
drive transistor. Multiply that by 15 segments and by number of tubes and
you end up with a large and costly circuit. I think that that level of
current stability is not needed here.

I'll test J-FET current limitter with a hot air gun - how it behaves in
temperature range of 20-150°C, both with 5V and 30V dropping on it.
If I find some time, I'll do the same with a very similar circuit using
LM317 (similar - both use only one resistor and one cheap active component).