Thanks Jeff

I am trying to adjust everything for optimum performance and reliability
before my tubes arrive. I have not soldered in the 270K resistors for the
colon neon bulbs so wondering if a different value would work better or if
these would be fine at 180VDC instead of the 170VDC that was in the
instruction manual?

Dalibor e-mailed me today and mentioned 170VDC on his Zen clock  for the
RZ568M tubes but not the resistor value. He said the 180VDC with the 8.2K
would be fine so just wondered what was the optimum voltage and resistor
combination would be for his RZ568M tubes and at that voltage what the best
resistor value would be for the neon bulbs or is that not critical?