Anyone that is smart enough, dedicated enough, and brave enough to actually
produce useful nixie tubes of any type should go for it!  We all wish you good
luck and lots of time and seed funds to make a go of it.  Make 568's or any
kind of nixie that you want.  Demand will be the limiting factor in the
beginning, but as all types of old nixies will eventually disappear there is
opportunity for most any type of nixie tube. I personally wouldn't want to
waste a lot of time on the 568 tubes only because the benchmark has been set
fairly high by Dalibor Farny.  Maybe you have some other idea like to use
original pins in glass instead of the pinch seal and base.  That would be nice
to offer but for many reasons, we won't hold our breath waiting for something
affordable and reliable. Huge tubes are a novelty for most clock owners but I
would be much more interested in practical sizes.  The really elongated digits
in a CD-47 are big and unique but there is probably more demand for something
like a well proportioned 1 inch tall digit.  Not sure that the economics
currently work for someone making tubes for a hobby. Regardless of what someone
chooses to make, this group will support a reliable and affordable product.
Sharing the success and failure of the effort makes us more willing to take a
chance on whatever nixie someone decides to build and everyone benefits from
knowledge. Jeff
-------- Original message --------From: Jiří <zednictvipla...@email.cz> Date:
12/24/19  2:20 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: neonixie-l <neonixie-l@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [neonixie-l] Re: New CD47 sized tubes?! It is nonsense to say that it
should not compete with Dalibor's pipes. Competition is necessary and it is
necessary to compete with Dalibor's pipes as well as pipes of other
manufacturers and my JP47 pipes. Competition is necessary, no one has a
monopoly on any product. Washing machines, televisions and other products are
also produced by many manufacturers and that is good. I myself like to welcome
the competition to my JP47 tube.Dne úterý 24. prosince 2019 5:25:42 UTC+1 Terry
Kennedy napsal(a):On Monday, December 23, 2019 at 1:04:17 PM UTC-5, Jiří
wrote:Hi, I'm back again, I asked to join the group to answer your questions
that interest you. In the discussion are new posts on the topic of my
production nixie JP47. I hope I will not be described as a fraud again, I am
not a fraud.I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and good health.J.Plavec I (and
most other people, I would think) welcome anyone who will produce replicas of a
tube type no longer being made - so no competing with Dalibor's 568 replicas,
for example. I know you're not, I just wanted to make that point for any other
possible entrants into the business.However, there are lots of subtleties to
making a tube that both works well and lasts a long time, and that information
has been mostly lost / forgotten by the original makers. And it is certainly
within the rights of those who have rediscovered them (including you) to share
/ not share as you desire. Dalibor's tubes have a less than 2.3% (latest figure
on his web site) failure rate on over 10,000 tubes made, which is an amazing
tribute to his work. It will obviously take some time and experience with your
product by adventurous members to see if you can get close to that failure
rate. If you can, I think quite a few members will be interested in your tubes.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/299dac01-e9b6-462d-843f-0814aa559844%40googlegroups.com.