On Tuesday, December 24, 2019 at 2:56:50 AM UTC-5, Paul Andrews wrote:

> Are you seriously stating that no one should compete with Dalibor’s tubes?

I'm saying that there are a number of types which we would like to see made
again, and having a bunch of people making 568's (or CD47's) seems
counterproductive. If every type of tube with demand is being made, then
certainly it seems reasonable to have some duplication. But by doing
something other than 568's, hobbyists get more tube types to chose from and
there is no competition for that model of tube. Isn't that better than a
race to the bottom price competition on one type of tube?

Personally, I'd be interested in seeing what today's designers could come
up with, not necessarily mimicing any particular old tube. For example, I'd
like to see something CD47-ish, but with better proportions instead of
being insanely tall, and with a much finer anode mesh. But that's just me.