*Er, you're not the only one with a stash of these.... :)*

I'm glad to hear that - it means that there will be other projects showing
up with them.  One of the reasons I like Numitrons so much, besides being
incredibly easy to drive, is their longevity.  At rated voltage (which I
don't actually know for these tubes, but expect to be around 4.5V), they
have a rated life of 100,000 hours, and that goes up rapidly to infinity at
slightly lower voltages.  There's also no cathode poisoning or other issues
to worry about.  This all means that I'm comfortable building something
with the last of an unobtanium part, knowing that it won't need replacement
in my lifetime.
~~
Mark Moulding