Some years ago, I made some ornaments using transparent plastic balls with
an IN-18 inside. I did not use any underlight. I made the connections with
ugly gray 12-conductor cables. Somebody in the group gave me the idea to
hide the cables inside colored (green, brown, gold, …) cable sleeves. That
was the solution to the main aesthetic problem. Hiding the controller was
very easy :-)
Anyway, it would be nice to see some numitron decorations…