I don't think it is just Group but with Google overall. I use Gmail and I
noticed a large uptick in legitimate messages appearing in the SPAM folder.
I used to have to check it once every two days or so but now it is flagging
many things I consider innocuous. As some others posts have noted, there is
an election coming up...