74xx TTL devices have a rather high input-low current, on the order of 1mA,
so you should use a much smaller pulldown resistor, say 100 ohms, or
perhaps none at all. Logically, it should not be possible for more than 1
output to get driven low on the 7441, but that only applies if all
parameters in the datasheet are met. I suspect that the 100K pulldown isn't
really pulling-down to a logic-zero, and the IC has gone to some
intermediate logic state which is non-deterministic.

For the LEDs, I would recommend having a 2K series resistor and driving
from +12 VDC. That works out to around 5mA  of current which is enough to
make many LEDs visibly glow and  well-below the 7mA max current rating of
the 7441.