Hi all,

I have 3 hosts named

host1 supporting snmpv3
host2 supporting snmpv3
host3 supporting snmpv2

host2 is used as proxy for host1 and host3

For host2 I have "myuser" as the username and "mypassword" as the password.
For host3 I have a community name configured as "v2community". i.e
rocommunity v2community
rwcommunity v2community

In host2 I have configured the proxy settings as follows.

proxy -Cn myContext -v 2c -c v2community host3 .1.3

host1 tries to talk to host3 through host2 proxy i.e when I execute a
command like
snmpget -v 3 -u myuser -n myContext -l authNoPriv -a MD5 -A mypassword
host2 system.sysName.0

it fails and the output is as follows.

"Error in packet
 Reason: authorizationError (access denied to that object)"

What is wrong here?
Is there any command to set my context name?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
RSR

"SASKEN RATED THE BEST EMPLOYER IN THE COUNTRY by the BUSINESS TODAY Mercer
Survey 2004"

                           SASKEN BUSINESS DISCLAIMER
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally Privileged
information. In case you are not the original intended Recipient of the
message, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, Disclose, distribute,
print, or copy any part of this message and you are requested to delete it and
inform the sender. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in this message
shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by Sasken
Communication Technologies Limited ("Sasken") unless sent with that express
intent and with due authority of Sasken. Sasken has taken enough precautions to
prevent the spread of viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any
damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email