On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 8:33 AM, Eric S. Raymond <e...@thyrsus.com> wrote:

> Bill Fenner <fen...@gmail.com>:
> > By "test 31" do you mean "snmpv1 traps are sent by snmpd API"?
>
> Now I'm getting a different result, which is a little disturbing in itself:
>
> com2sec directive
>  (Wstat: 256 Tests: 31 Failed: 1)
>   Failed test:  30
>   Non-zero exit status: 1
> Files=76, Tests=327, 109 wallclock secs ( 0.28 usr  0.07 sys + 13.58 cusr
> 4.74 csys = 18.67 CPU)
> Result: FAIL

So before, you meant you failed test 31 of the "com2sec directive" suite?

Try "cd testing; SNMP_VERBOSE=2 ./RUNFULLTESTS -v -r T070com2sec" to get
more detail about why it failed.

Test 30 and 31 could fail if your DNS resolver performs "helpful" NXDOMAIN
remapping - e.g., does
> ping no.such.address.
return
ping: unknown host no.such.address.
or does it return something like
PING no.such.address (92.242.140.21) 56(84) bytes of data.

There's an assumption in the test suite that the DNS server is not insane,
but of course most home ISPs provide insane DNS servers by default.  Most
providers give you the option to use a sane one, or of course you could
change your /etc/resolv.conf to point to a sane public DNS provider.

  Bill