Dear All,

I need some help in implementing an unusual sub-agent logic.

For implementing tablular variables I can use  the skeleton code generated
by either of mib2c.array-user.conf, mib2c.iterate-access.conf or
mib2c.create-dataset.conf
All of these need either a container (that can be recursed) or an iterator
logic implemented in the sub-agent. If effect the data for the table is
available in the sub-agent. In the iterator-access logic too though the
table's data could be maintained at an external source but it has be
populated in the loop_context and data_context during each set of
_get_first_data_point() and subsequent _get_next_data_point() calls.

Now when a get, get-next, get-bulk request comes net-snmp library code
automatically picks the data/iterates the data and returns the desired
values.

I am implementing a sub-agent for which the requirement is somewhat unusual.
The sub-agent is part of an EMS(Element Management System) and the master
and the sub-agent together are like a proxy agent to the Network
Element(NE)s that the EMS manages.
The sub-agent handles standard tabular variables like ipAddrTable (IP-MIB)
but it has to return the table data for the specified NE and not for the
machine where the sub-agent is running. So in this sense my proxy agent is
like a request forwarder.

Essentially my requirement is that whenever a get, get-next or get-bulk
request is received at my sub-agent, I want to make a propietary call to my
NE to obtain the value for the oid(s).
How can I use any skeleton code (with help from any .conf file) for this
purpose? I explored using mib2c.iterate-access.conf and
mib2c.array-user.conf but did not get convincing results.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and warmest regards,
Viren

P.S. I have already resolved the issue of supplying the NE's data(like ip
address) in each request to my proxy agent from the manager.
So this is a non-issue for my requirement.