On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:42:40 +05180030 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
VC> Quoting Robert Story <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
VC> > I got another idea today... use the mib2c.array-user.conf template, but
VC> > inject a custom handler right above it that finds the row/value for all
VC> > the requests and inserts them into the container. Then call the generated
VC> > handler, which will find the rows in the container and return the values.
VC> > After the request finishes, empty the container so it will be ready for
VC> > the next request.
VC>
VC> Thanks for this new suggestion. In fact I have tried a similar solution but
VC> using the iterator conf file. The reason why this solution is not the best
VC> fit for me is that I cannot afford to populate the table at every request
VC> made to read any variable(s) of the table.

You didn't read my suggestion closely enough. I didn't say "load all the rows",
I said "load all the rows for all the requests".  i.e. look at the requests
parameter and the mode, and just find the rows you need to answer those
requests. Insert those rows into the container (or the datastore for the
iterator).

--
Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie <http://www.net-snmp.org/>
<irc://irc.freenode.net/#net-snmp>

You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different.