On 16 Apr 2009, at 10:10, helen varley jamieson wrote:

> yes turning off lights & appliances, & not overheating buildings, is
> just as (maybe more?) important as reducing flights & driving. i don't
> have the stats but i understand that even turning off things like
> computers & stereos at the wall can make a difference.

I think the point is though, that it's not an either / or. We need to
be doing all of the above, and urgently. If people's personal
circumstances make this difficult / impossible that's a seperate
issue, but we can't really be using energy efficiency in some areas to
jsutify extravagence in others - it's basically the same offsetting,
but on a personal scale, and it doesn't work.

Cheers,

Tim