Thanks for the nice feedback Rob!

Rob Myers said :
> > Copyleft: This work is free, you can distribute and modify it under
> > the terms of the Free Art License. http://artlibre.org/licence/lal/en
>
> I'm overdue on blogging about this, but I'm not convinced that the LAL
> is better for art than CC-BY-SA *unless* one is trying to keep art
> separate from the rest of society. Which is a defensible position but
> I'm from a more Pop tradition. ;-)

I'd like to read/write more about that. I think it's an important
discussion to have. My initial intention while writing about licenses as
art manifestos was precisely to try to articulate how licenses can
provide imaginary landscapes to build art upon. In that sense while the
FAL/LAL and the CC-BY-SA have been flirting around technical
compatibility for years already, their "imaginary landscape", or more
simply the historical context in which they are born, are quite
different. I am not sure that the resulting art separation is deliberate
though, I feel it's more like a by-product.

a.
--
http://su.kuri.mu