>From Manifesto for an Accelerationist Politics (
http://criticallegalthinking.com/2013/05/14/accelerate-manifesto-for-an-accelerationist-politics/
):

"21. We declare that only a Promethean politics of maximal mastery over
society and its environment is capable of either dealing with global
problems or achieving victory over capital. This mastery must be
distinguished from that beloved of thinkers of the original Enlightenment.
The clockwork universe of Laplace, so easily mastered given sufficient
information, is long gone from the agenda of serious scientific
understanding. But this is not to align ourselves with the tired residue of
postmodernity, decrying mastery as proto-fascistic or authority as innately
illegitimate. Instead we propose that the problems besetting our planet and
our species oblige us to refurbish mastery in a newly complex guise; whilst
we cannot predict the precise result of our actions, we can determine
probabilistically likely ranges of outcomes. What must be coupled to such
complex systems analysis is a new form of action: improvisatory and capable
of executing a design through a practice which works with the contingencies
it discovers only in the course of its acting, in a politics of geosocial
artistry and cunning rationality. A form of abductive experimentation that
seeks the best means to act in a complex world."