Great! - I'm not sure where you go with it after that, though.

You could offer something non-existent for sale on OpenBazaar easily enough. That would be one option. What appealed to me, though, was the idea of selling shares in a non-existent work of art, in the hope that the shares would keep changing hands and their value would keep increasing, so that if you retained something like a 25% stake in the work, that stake would keep increasing in value too.

The paradox, of course, would be that by announcing that you were creating a non-existent work of art, and offering shares in it, you would in effect be creating an actual conceptual work of art about the marketing and the market value of art. That's why I thought the images from Curt Cloninger's essay about nothing would be appropriate (for advertising the existence, or rather non-existence, of the work and the availability of shares), because he's investigating the paradox that you can't create a representation of nothing without that representation being a something.

I expect Rob could advise about how to set up the shares thing.

Edward