>From a different angle, you can do multi-point audio and video conferencing
with NetMeeting using the Exchange Conferencing Server (ECS).  Technically,
it uses IP Multicast without sending the streams through an MCU.  It assumes
you are IP Multicast enabled and have a client that supports it.  There is
an H.323 fallback mode, but you only get one image that changes to follow
the audio similar to the MCU mentioned.  It has a cool feature that lets you
undock the other video sessions so you can move them around on the screen
and close out the web page that was used during conference initiation.  With
a decent machine, you can render twenty or more images if you want to.  The
conference resource used for the session initiation determines if they are
CIF or QCIF in size.

Regards,

  =D-

Derek R. Flickinger
INTERACTIVE HOMES, INC.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Brian Sullivan
Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2000 14:51
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [NetMeeting] Fw: Two questions from a beginner:

>Ah - I stand corrected, thanks Brian.
>
>Just so I am clear, can I take part in a multi user conference and
>see vid of all participants on my screen in netmeeting 3.01?

To have multiparty audio/video with NetMeeting requires use of H.323 MCU
 Conference server). Most MCU's can be configured to handle audio/video in a
number of ways ( audio can be mixed, from only one specified party or the
'current' speaker - video can be displayed in a paned multi part window,
from only one specified party or the 'current' speaker). Whether you can see
more than one video at time depends on MCU product used and its
configuration.