>Microphones or headsets is a difficult story here in the Netherlands.
>My very simple headset, which I got along with my Target speakerboxe,
>is connected to my pc via mini-jackets. I think they are called that way.
>I would certainly try an alternative if I'm sure it's a big improvement.
>But microphones/headsets seems to be a gray area and difficult to get
>when you want to connect them to yr pc. I wonder what is used in
>this Shure Condersor 16 AM mike.

My personal experience is that high quality microphones add very little to audio
fidelity in normal NetMeeting voice conversations over the internet -- and often cause
problems ( impedance matching and mechanical connection). I think audio fidelity would
be improved in a LAN based situation where low compression codes are used but even
there the improvement is probably not worth the effort.

I recommend use of headsets selected mostly for convenience and comfort not for sound
"quality". The only place where separate microphones are a better choice with
NetMeeting in my opinion is in a conference room situation where multiple players are
involved. There the choice should be mostly governed by which mics will produce
minimal or no echo at the other end -- super directional boom type mics or other echo
cancelling mics are best in this situation.