Hi Eric,
On your advice: Ctrl+Alt+Delete and then ending Camtry from that
list. Result? Nice shutdown of my PC.

Liekele (Lieko) Helmus & Rinske Helmus-Deutekom
Siriusstraat 52, NL-1223 AP Hilversum, the Netherlands
31(0)35 6858 675 (+voicemail)   Fax 31(0)20 8848 931(fax2pc)
gsm 06 28184122 (+SMS)          NetMeeting (+Webcam)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Lieko,

> But what are conferencing features anyhow?

That's the difficult part. Looking at your list:

> Camtry
That looks like it's probably your videodriver, so that was either loaded in
order to run NM, or it may be conflicting with NM because it's doing
something else. You could try turning that off.

>Explorer

Don't turn that off - Windows 98 will become very unhappy if you turn that
off

>Creative Launcher

No idea. Try turning it off to see if it makes a difference.

>Mk9885

Same - no idea, and as far as I know it's nothing fundamental to Windows, so
try turning it off

>Winword

That's Word - you can leave it on, that shouldn't conflict with NM

>Realplay

That's the RealPlayer. On Windows98 it should be ok to have that running at
the same time as NM, but try turning it off just in case

> Avconcul

No idea - try turning it off

>Xearth

Same

>Msmsgs

That's the Messenger, and that shouldn't conflict. If you don't actually use
it to place calls, though, try turning it off to see if that makes a
difference

>Rundll

Leave that one on!!

>Webc3lch

Hmm, looks like a possible candidate - I don't recognise it, but the "c"s in
there could be camera applications, so try turning that one off.

>Winampa

I think that's a play-back program for audio files, similar to the
RealPlayer - could that be? Try turning it off.

>and even some more. That's conferencing?

We don't know what you've installed on your computer and what you've got
running, so you'd need to turn off some of them by trial and error and see
if you find the conflicting program.

Eric