Jürgen Schönwälder <j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2022 at 11:20:57AM +0100, Martin Björklund wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > You didn't answer my first question about what we actually mean - do
> > we mean the "URI"
>
>         "The uri type represents a Uniform Resource Identifier
>          (URI) as defined by STD 66. [...]"
>
> STD 66 resolves to RFC 3986. Maybe I do not understand your question.

RFC 3986 defines the syntax for "URI" and "URI-reference", see
specifically section 4 and 4.1 of RFC 3986.  To avoid confusion, I
suggest:

     "The uri type represents a Uniform Resource Identifier
      (URI) as defined by the rule 'URI' in RFC 3986.

or "the ABNF rule 'URI'..."

(side note, is it better to refer to STD 66 rather than the RFC?)

/martin