In article <253e6ecc5d1.0000033bd...@davehigton.me.uk>,
   Dave Higton <d...@davehigton.me.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 12:41:02 +0000 (GMT) Richard Torrens wrote:

> [snip]
> > I have had the SD card replaced, and th eR-Pi itself. I have also
> > almost entirely eliminated the power supply as a problem.

> What about the power supply cable?  Have you eliminated that too?

> Your problems look very much as if they are caused by low power supply
> voltage.  Can you measure what voltage appears within the RPi?

> Dave

I measured 5.16v, stable, on the expansion pins of the B+. It showed no
variation as thePi was used.

I also fitted a 3,000µF capacitor actoss these pins.

The extra capacitor had no perceptible effect.

So it certainly doesn't look like supply problems. Unless the voltage
tolerance on the supply is incredibly tight.

Netsurf was working for quite some time with no sign of any trouble.

--
Richard Torrens.
http://www.Torrens.org.uk for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats