In article <e014447454.c...@cdewhurst2010.btinternet.com>,
   Chris Dewhurst <cdewhurst2...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Hi Richard,

> Not sure if the below will help but you could give them a try, even if
> to eliminate from your enquiries.

> (1) On my R-Pi sometimes Netsurf gets stuck in a loop of redirecting
> itself to its home page. Quitting Netsurf and deleting the folder:

> SDFS::16GbPi.$.!Boot.Resources.!Scrap.ScrapDirs.ScrapDir.WWW

> (or wherever the WWW folder resides in your !Boot folder)

> then restarting Netsurf cures it.

Excellent! Thanks.

I renamed SDFS::RISCOSpi.$.!Boot.Choices.WWW.NetSurf
to .....NetSurfX

NetSurf then started fine
then I quit Netsurf and started moving the old files back.

The problem was a corrupted Hotlist in there. It was 7M and most of that
was junk looking very much like a memory dump.

The section immediately after the hotlist was a load of lines such as

(27736.960000) render/html_object.c html_object_free_objects 651: object
0x67ea3858

which is clearly dumped from Netsurf.

Deleting all the junk after the final </ul> of the hotlist proper, nothing
has been lost.

--
Richard Torrens.
http://www.Torrens.org.uk for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats