In article <5473e1e3dbch...@chris-johnson.org.uk>,
   cj <ch...@chris-johnson.org.uk> wrote:
> In article <5473d22af9li...@torrens.org.uk>,
>    Richard Torrens (lists) <li...@torrens.org.uk> wrote:
> > I have Reporter running: this gives me no clues. It reports
> > *Filer_run .... !Netsurf.

> > Then after the Alt-Break, it lists a whole host of output, stopping at
> >  [Appl/0B2039C4] RMEnsure Iconv 0.04 Error 16_10F iconv support requires
> > the Iconv module 0.04 or newer
> >  ** WimpError ** from Window Manager
> >   Error  : &050DEAD0
> >   Message: Press Stop to terminate Unknown.

> Can it be assumed that the 'whole host' corresponds to the Netsurf
> !Run file up to the point where it tries to rmensure Iconv?

Yes, exactly as the !Run file.

> The unknown may be the !Run obey file itself or Iconv trying to
> initialise.

I thought Iconv might be corrupt, replaced it. No change.

> The implication is that you haven't changed Netsurf or any of its
> support modules.

a working NetSurf stopped working for no apparent reason. So I tred a
completely new one. It now has RunImage dated December 4th - I think
that's 2425.

> From the error message you are running a fairly old
> version. What actual versions are you running? What compatibility
> mode are you running the Pi in?

I have just tried all 3 modes. It makes no difference.

I also tried executing (via a StrongED task window) the !Run file step by
step. This gives a "Window Manager is currently in use" after
/<NetSurf$Dir>.KickNS
and after
Run <NetSurf$Dir>.!RunImage %*0 2><Wimp$ScrapDir>.WWW.NetSurf.Log

First is thrown back to the Task Window, second is a Wimp error Box.

Netsurf doesn't run, but machine does not freeze.

--
Richard Torrens.
http://www.Torrens.org.uk for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats