Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 23:39:55 -0300
From: hammer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Error 52 At CNN's Website
So slowly this "CNN not available" thread starts to ring a bell in my
head (at first I didn't give a dang as CNN is not at all my prefered
web source, <g>): at lot of other "big traffic"/big-bonzes places have
changed these very last days, becoming inacessible with normal, HTML
compliant gear. I *suspect* some connection with the "attacks" hype.
Not that I suspect, without a real proof yet.
One instance is the following: The major ("public institution" and
"gvernment") server of the EU Council (European Union caouncil of
ministers) suddenly changed to A.) Java-only and B.) numerous cookies
imposing layouts.
This is outrageous, seen the quality of that server as the source for
"public" announcements. even "laws" - is suddenly excludes a larger
part of the public from access.
Thus I suspect one or both of two things: (a.) a concerted action
(incited by ???) to pseudo-"secure" the servers; (b.) panic reaction
at their side, in line with the pertinent Russian saying,
"When they don't know what to do they do what they know to do."
Heimo Claasen (journalist) Brussels 2000-02-15
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://www.inti.be/hammer
35 Rue du Marteau B-1000 BRUXELLES t. (+32.2) 217 86 07
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************