Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 03:03:49 +0400
From: David Colston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Truly Od Error Message


On 2000-05-10 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >Hi All,
   >How many of you have ever seen the following error message?
   >"Error in the call to c:\command.com /e4096"
   >I get this error when I try and shell out to dos, and I have not
   >got the first idea as to what is causing this problem, let alone
   >how to go about correcting it. I tried looking this particular
   >error up in the manual, and found it not. Any and all help that I
   >can get would be highly appreciated.

The E switch (enviornment variable) for your computer may be too large.
I don't know which version of DOS you are using, but I would check the
config.sys file and see what your settings are. Unless you have a ton
of environmental variables, 1024 should be a big enough setting.


David Colston
'Uncle Dave'
*********************************************************************
* You don't need a pentium to surf the net, find out why! Check out *
* Net-Tamer at: http://www.nettamer.net/                            *
*                Internet In A Thimble!                             *
* Check out the alt.comp.shareware.nettamer usenet group or the     *
* Net-Tamer list serve group.                                       *
* Subscribe or Unsubscribe: Write [EMAIL PROTECTED] with   *
* your request.                                                     *
* New Net-Tamer support line number: (954) 341-4885                 *
*********************************************************************


"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981

Net-Tamer V 1.12 Beta - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to