Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 06:26:15 -5
From: Stephan Richards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: DNS numbers
Howdy,
I have never posted to the list before, but I've been lurking a long
time. I had a similar problem with Net Tamer suddenly being unable to
find my ISP's DNS address because my ISP changed from a static address
to one assigned dynamically each time someone logs on. Thus, Net Tamer
could no longer find the address when it was specified, for the DNS
number wasn't the same from logon to logon. I solved the problem by
entering the Advanced section of my settings and changing selection A:
DNS Address, and selection E:, Static IP Address both to 0.0.0.0 which
causes Net Tamer to look for the DNS address dynamically. This solution
will probably work for the individual who was experiencing the same
trouble. Now when I log on Net Tamer reports a different address every
time when the connection is established, but it finds that address
without a hitch.
Stephan Richards
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************