Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 23:06:21 +0700
From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: DNS numbers


Dear Stephan and others.
I tried your suggestion and got a "no contact 0.0.0.0 DNS"
I tried some other combinations and ended up with the same
setup as I had before the problem started. Guess what. It
now downloads. Nothing changed, no problems at my ISP
because I could get my email with other DOS and Linux
programs.
It was once long time ago suggested on the list that it
sometimes looks like Nettamer is getting a little bit worn
out and or is loosing some of its possibilities.
This would be the only guess I have for the wunderbar
recovery. Thanks for all your suggestions. Its nice to know
that there are still list member behind the list.
Hope that the recovered Nettamer 1.12 keeps healthy ;-)
Best regards

On 17 May 2001 Stephan Richards wrote:

 ND>

 ND>I have never posted to the list before, but I've been
 ND>lurking a long
 ND>time.  I had a similar problem with Net Tamer suddenly being
 ND>unable to
 ND>find my ISP's DNS address because my ISP changed from a
 ND>static address
 ND>to one assigned dynamically each time someone logs on.  Thus
 ND>, Net Tamer
 ND>could no longer find the address when it was specified, for
 ND>the DNS
 ND>number wasn't the same from logon to logon.  I solved the
 ND>problem by
 ND>entering the Advanced section of my settings and changing
 ND>selection A:
 ND>DNS Address, and selection E:, Static IP Address both to 0.0
 ND>.0.0 which
 ND>causes Net Tamer to look for the DNS address dynamically.
 ND>This solution
 ND>will probably work for the individual who was experiencing
 ND>the same
 ND>trouble.  Now when I log on Net Tamer reports a different
 ND>address every
 ND>time when the connection is established, but it finds that
 ND>address
 ND>without a hitch.

 ND>Stephan Richards



--

NTReader v0.35w(P)/Beta (Registered) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.




********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to