Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 17:55:09 0
From: John Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: DNS numbers


Hi Stephan

On Thu, 17 May 2001 06:48:47 -0500 at 6.48am Nettamer List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

  NL>I have never posted to the list before, but I've been lurking a long
  NL>time.  I had a similar problem with Net Tamer suddenly being unable to
  NL>find my ISP's DNS address because my ISP changed from a static address
  NL>to one assigned dynamically each time someone logs on.  Thus, Net Tamer
  NL>could no longer find the address when it was specified, for the DNS
  NL>number wasn't the same from logon to logon.  I solved the problem by
  NL>entering the Advanced section of my settings and changing selection A:
  NL>DNS Address, and selection E:, Static IP Address both to 0.0.0.0 which
  NL>causes Net Tamer to look for the DNS address dynamically...

Welcome to the list.

I've followed the same procedure from the start with NT and it works
fine.

Regards

jaygee




********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to