Date: 11 Jun 2001
From: Heimo Claasen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Browsers.

Harry Weston wrote:
> ... I have just got Lynx working
> on both my Linux and Win. boxes ... Only
> problem so far is that I have not managed to alter the backgroubd colour to
> suit my particular vision defect.

Nor did I ever to get this fixed with whatever edition of DOS or Linux
Lynxes (hey - I didn't *know* that there was one for Win$ !): For some
absolutely myterious reasons none of the Lynxes likes to have the
background colour set to whatever different from their default values.
And that since the first Herc-able most primitive version.

I would prefer the black-ON-white from the old Herc/TTL screen, with
inverted tags and inverted+highligted "under cursor" tags. (I'm [short]
sighted but this seems to be a good analogue to Braille/speach rendering
too.) Not done. Bizarre.

The later Linux-Lynxes (haven't got the "dev"-No. under the eyes,
but from say, mid-'2000 on, and Doug Kaufman's 386+ Lynx for DOS) do
quite a good job with "secure" (SSL) www-connections too.  This is
essential, as some rather basig day-to-day services, like post and bank
offices, are physically closed down (thanks to all the Thatcherites of
this globe) and will be attainable for remote-living/handicapped/poor
people only via the web any more.

// Heimo Claasen // <hammer at revobild dot net> // Brussels 2001-06-10
The WebPlace of ReRead - and much to read  ==>  http://www.revobild.net



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to