On Sat, 2018-03-17 at 17:30 +0100, Niels Möller wrote:
> [email protected] (Niels Möller) writes:
> 
> > 1. Remove the the symbols nettle_hashes and nettle_secp_384r1 and
> >    friends from the interface. They should be renamed with leading
> >    underscore. Important to be able to merge ed448 work without
> > breaking
> >    the abi again.
> 
> I've made this change, and pushed to a branch rename-data-symbols.
> Might break gnutls, if it hasn't yet been updated to use functions
> nettle_get_secp_256r1 and friends.

It has but the detection is done through major and minor lib version.
Are they updated? (btw. I'd really recommend providing easy to use
macros for version detection)

However what is the goal with this rename? As far as I see the _nettle
symbols are also exported from the library and thus the new symbols are
as well. Wouldn't it make sense to remove them from the map file as
well, and only export symbols starting with nettle_*?

regards,
Nikos

_______________________________________________
nettle-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.lysator.liu.se/mailman/listinfo/nettle-bugs

Reply via email to