--On Tuesday, October 21, 2008 11:58:58 +0300 Tambet Ingo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
¦ What? The issue is that there's a modem that does not like 'Z' (reset)
¦ command. It has nothing to do with +CREG or unsolicited response
¦ codes. We're talking about modem initialization, registration comes
¦ way later _after_ modem is initialized.

There are two problems here, one from me and one from Stuart Ward.

Mine started as a failure to respond to AT at all, and then moved onto a problem with +CREG responses. Stuart's seems to be mainly a problem with ATZ not supported.

Hope that clears up the confusion!