On Monday, January 1, 2007, 1:56:51 PM, ET wrote:

E> rikona wrote:

>> E> there are commercial products to do this,
>>
>> Last I checked they were fairly expensive...
>>
>> E> or you can do it over the network.
>>
>> That, I presume, uses the M$ code at the other end. I do that kind of
>> thing now, unless you're referring to something else.
>>
>> E> "Ultimate boot disk" for gets around this by using the NTFS lic on
>> E> the windows partition.
>>
>> Are you saying UBD uses the code on the Win disk? The case I am
>> interested in has ntfs partitions but Win is not on them - just data
>> files.
>>
>> Are you suggesting this is just a licensing issue, or is there a tech
>> part?
>>
>> E> there is more than one (more than 3) versions of NTFS...
>>
>> I can believe M$ comes out with a new 'upgrade' every time the linux
>> folks are able to write reliably. :-((
>>

E> you might check into making the UBDW, seems to me I remember there
E> are a few files to copy off the winbox you want to write to...

E> http://www.ubcd4win.com/faq.htm

Apparently so. Nice project. Looks like this is rather different in
some ways, especially in "booting to a mini XP environment". Doesn't
sound like it's really linux. :-)

Might be able to answer some of my needs, but I was looking for a
'real' linux. Also, I have so far avoided XP, so I don't have the
necessary files. :-( and :-)

--
Thanks,
 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Want to buy your Pack or Services from Mandriva?
Go to http://store.mandriva.com
Join the Club : http://www.mandrivaclub.com