On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 23:17:50 +0000
Len Lawrence wrote:

> I did install that at your earlier suggestion but it seemed a bit
> complicated compared with updatedb/slocate.  I was looking for
> something pure dead simple like me.  Guess I will have to go with it
> if slocate has gone.

Slocate was replaced as the default in 2007.0 by mlocate.

Commands is "locate" and still use "updatedb"

If after trying you still prefer slocate be sure you have a contrib
source defined and urpmi slocate.
That will remove mlocate and install slocate.

    Charles

--
It is surely a great calamity for a human being to have no obsessions.
- Robert Bly