Good point Erik, usually all the migrating birds I am seeing in PA are going in generally the same direction, but often high birds will be going one direction and low birds another ( like upper se, lower sw), but some of the watching I have done along the gulf coast and atlanic birds were flying in every direction, likely resulting from a lot of confused birds circling or heading back inland when they hit the coast. Birds hitting these barriers will often fly back a few miles inland if they are not ready to cross, or head againt the wind if they are course correcting.

Good discussion!

Best,
Mike Lanzone

Sent from my iPhone