The 750 has plenty of scoot. I'm probably 250 with gear and my laptop bag. I would have to imagine I won't be meeting a car anytime soon that could beat me in a race. Especially since I got the jetting figured out.
On 6/11/10, Kyle Munz <[email protected]> wrote: > Yeah, 250s are nice starter, or around town bikes, but it's soon time to > move up to a bigger bike. I don't think I'm old enough for a goldwing yet > though ;) > > -Kyle > > > On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 6:48 PM, paul annen <[email protected]> wrote: > >> yea, the gl is a pig of a bike... but im also 6'3" at almost 300 pounds... >> im a big guy, and while it is a bit heavy.. everything is spaced out well >> for me on it... and the 84 hp (hondas number) boxer engine is very low in >> the chassis..... i loved my nighthawk, it was my first bike and what i >> believe what a bike should be... but it was just to small to take me (and >> frequently my fiancee) on her hour commute much less any real ride without >> being very uncomfortable.. some day i will have another nighthawk, but i >> need a bigger one then the 250... and money to buy it... >> >> for now the GL is good for me sence most of my riding is at least 45 min >> each way and is not normaly 2 up... >> >> >> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Allen Thomas >> <[email protected]>wrote: >> >>> Yea but if you riding a GL you might as well be driving a car. I sat >>> on a Ducati monster the other day and damn near dropped it because I >>> snatched it off the kick stand too hard. It felt like a bicycle. No >>> thanks my NH is heavy enough. >>> >>> On 6/11/10, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote: >>> > I hate to sugest it on this fourm, but my goldwing has a great anti- >>> > dive system stock.... And air ride suspension... >>> > >>> > Sent from my iPod >>> > >>> > On Jun 10, 2010, at 11:01 PM, Javier Garcia <[email protected]> >>> wrote: >>> > >>> >> Hi Barge, >>> >> I paid $250 for the rear shocks, and $70 for the fork springs. I >>> >> really hope to feel a big difference. I took the wife recently for a >>> >> spin I ask her how did she felt it (after not riding with me for a >>> >> long time). She said it felt the same, horrible. For me it is been >>> >> recently much worse than before, but I hope it is not just pure >>> >> paranoia. With the fork springs I hope to reduce the diving while >>> >> stopping, which I think it's too much, especially when riding two >>> >> up. If this doesn't work I will have to look for a different bike. >>> >> >>> >> Javier. >>> >> >>> >> >>> >> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:37 PM, the Bargers < >>> [email protected] >>> >> > wrote: >>> >> Javier, >>> >> >>> >> How much did those bad boys set you back? Eager to hear how they >>> >> perform. My rear shocks have similar issues, particularly when >>> >> riding over uneven or patched up street pavement. They don't dampen >>> >> very well. Odd how Honda tried to control costs on the more recent >>> >> NHs. Barge >>> >> ----- Original Message ----- >>> >> From: Javier Garcia >>> >> To: [email protected] >>> >> Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 10:24 PM >>> >> Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Suspension: rear shocks and >>> >> springs >>> >> >>> >> The seller I bought them from only had them on chrome and he offered >>> >> a good price. The all black is a project for the future, somewhere >>> >> in the future... >>> >> >>> >> J. >>> >> >>> >> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:14 PM, Allen Thomas >>> >> <[email protected]> wrote: >>> >> Nice, though I thought you were thinking about going blackout. >>> >> >>> >> On 6/10/10, Javier Garcia <[email protected]> wrote: >>> >> > I got the rear shocks today. Pretty good looking. Can wait to see >>> >> them >>> >> > installed on the bike! >>> >> > Javier. >>> >> > >>> >> > >>> >> > >>> >> > On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Anthony <[email protected]> wrote: >>> >> > >>> >> >> Here is a link to the instructions for the progressive fork >>> >> springs: >>> >> >> http://www.progressivesuspension.com/pdfs/forkSprings/3055.pdf >>> >> >> >>> >> >> >>> >> >> On Jun 8, 1:22 pm, Javier Garcia <[email protected]> wrote: >>> >> >> > Well, apparently nobody has done the modification of the >>> >> shocks. I have >>> >> >> > decided to do so. Last night I ordered a pair of progressive >>> >> shocks and >>> >> >> > springs, model 412. I also ordered the progressive spring for >>> >> the front. >>> >> >> I >>> >> >> > assume I will need new fork seals and oil? can anyone tell me >>> >> which ones >>> >> >> I >>> >> >> > am supposed to buy and where? >>> >> >> > Thanks, >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > Javier. >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Javier Garcia >>> >> <[email protected]> >>> >> >> wrote: >>> >> >> > > Randy wrote this, but I guess he made a mistake and send it >>> >> only to >>> >> >> > > me. >>> >> >> So >>> >> >> > > here it is. >>> >> >> > > Javier. >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > > Randy Kilpatrick <[email protected]> >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > > Javier, I read with interest your questions about the rear >>> >> shocks. I >>> >> >> have a >>> >> >> > > 91 750 N.H. The front suspension is fine, but the rear of the >>> >> bike >>> >> >> rides >>> >> >> > > like a jackhammer! >>> >> >> > > Here is kind of what is going on. When Honda reintroduced the >>> >> CB 750 >>> >> >> > > N. >>> >> >> > > Hawk they cut a lot of corners to keep the price down. Things >>> >> like no >>> >> >> center >>> >> >> > > stand, no 6 speed transmission, and among other things >>> >> especially the >>> >> >> rear >>> >> >> > > shocks. These stock rear shocks are as inexpensive as Honda >>> >> could >>> >> >> find. >>> >> >> > > They were only fair for a few thousand miles, then the gas >>> >> leaked out, >>> >> >> the >>> >> >> > > oil weeped out and we have a pair of shot shocks! I too have >>> >> been >>> >> >> looking at >>> >> >> > > the Progressive Shocks, but man what a price! I read on one >>> >> site where >>> >> >> some >>> >> >> > > one bought the lower priced Progressives and they wern"t much >>> >> beter >>> >> >> than >>> >> >> > > stock stuff. I also read where one guy bought the expensive >>> >> rear >>> >> >> > > shocks >>> >> >> and >>> >> >> > > it was a vast improvment. There is also a Chinese shock out >>> >> there that >>> >> >> is >>> >> >> > > cheap, but raises the back end of the bike up, and don't work >>> >> very >>> >> >> well. I >>> >> >> > > can live with the things that kind of bug me about this bike >>> >> accept >>> >> >> > > the >>> >> >> > > harsh ride. It's killing my back. Soooo, if any of you guys >>> >> have spent >>> >> >> the >>> >> >> > > big bucks on the Progressives please come forth, spill the >>> >> beans and >>> >> >> share >>> >> >> > > with us what you have done and did it really work? I too ride >>> >> single >>> >> >> > > up >>> >> >> and >>> >> >> > > just want a decent ride. Hondo. >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > > On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 9:37 PM, Javier Garcia >>> >> <[email protected]> >>> >> >> wrote: >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > >> I'll try to get one too. Nevertheless, I doubt the problem I >>> >> am >>> >> >> > >> experiencing is going to be solved by changing the >>> >> adjustment of the >>> >> >> shocks. >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > >> Javier. >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > >> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 12:49 PM, sfox618 <[email protected]> >>> >> wrote: >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > >>> I bought a shock tool on eBay for about $6. Just like item >>> >> number >>> >> >> > >>> Item number: 310223404095. Works really well and no >>> >> scratches. >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > >>> Sean >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > >>> On Jun 2, 9:05 am, Javier Garcia <[email protected]> wrote: >>> >> >> > >>> > Hi all, >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > >>> > recently I've been wondering if there is something wrong >>> >> with the >>> >> >> > >>> suspension >>> >> >> > >>> > of my '96 750. In short, it just feels like it balances >>> >> too much >>> >> >> > >>> > up >>> >> >> and >>> >> >> > >>> down >>> >> >> > >>> > in the rear as I am driving it. Actually, I am not sure >>> >> if it is >>> >> >> > >>> because I >>> >> >> > >>> > am paying too much attention to this or not, but lately >>> >> I've been >>> >> >> > >>> feeling >>> >> >> > >>> > that my back hearts a bit after long rides (long being >>> >> more than >>> >> >> > >>> > an >>> >> >> > >>> hour or >>> >> >> > >>> > so). Allen drove my bike the other day for a bit I had >>> >> the same >>> >> >> > >>> impression >>> >> >> > >>> > (without me telling him before). Therefore, it start >>> >> crossing my >>> >> >> mind >>> >> >> > >>> the >>> >> >> > >>> > idea of upgrading the rear suspension (and probably the >>> >> front too, >>> >> >> but >>> >> >> > >>> that >>> >> >> > >>> > is a separate issue). Apparently, most people agree that >>> >> >> progressive >>> >> >> > >>> shocks >>> >> >> > >>> > is the way to go. However, those are not cheap, so I have >>> >> few >>> >> >> > >>> questions, >>> >> >> > >>> > such as: >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > >>> > 1) How can I actually now if my rear shocks are damaged? >>> >> Is there >>> >> >> > >>> > a >>> >> >> > >>> more >>> >> >> > >>> > technical procedure to diagnostic this? >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > >>> > 2) If I replace shocks, do I have to replace springs too? >>> >> or it is >>> >> >> just >>> >> >> > >>> > recommended? >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > >>> > 3) Does anyone here uses or had used progressive shocks >>> >> (and/or >>> >> >> > >>> springs)? >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > >>> > 4) Is there a particular model of progressive shocks and/ >>> >> or spring >>> >> >> that >>> >> >> > >>> need >>> >> >> > >>> > to be selected for a NH 750? There are few models, and >>> >> although >>> >> >> > >>> > the >>> >> >> > >>> > differences in the specifications are confusing to me, the >>> >> >> differences >>> >> >> > >>> in >>> >> >> > >>> > price are quite substantial. >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > >>> > I would appreciate any other comments on this matter. >>> >> >> > >>> > Cheers, >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > >>> > Javier. >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > >>> -- >>> >> >> > >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the >>> >> Google >>> >> >> Groups >>> >> >> > >>> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>> >> >> > >>> To post to this group, send email to >>> >> >> [email protected]. >>> >> >> > >>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to >>> >> >> > >>> nighthawk_lovers >>> >> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers >>> >> %[email protected]> >>> >> >> <nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> >>> <nighthawk_lovers >>> >> %[email protected]> >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > >>> . >>> >> >> > >>> For more options, visit this group at >>> >> >> > >>>http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en. >>> >> >> >>> >> >> -- >>> >> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the >>> >> Google Groups >>> >> >> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>> >> >> To post to this group, send email to >>> [email protected] >>> >> . >>> >> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to >>> >> >> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> >>> <nighthawk_lovers >>> >> %[email protected]> >>> >> >> . >>> >> >> For more options, visit this group at >>> >> >> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en. >>> >> >> >>> >> >> >>> >> > >>> >> > -- >>> >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> >> Groups >>> >> > "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>> >> > To post to this group, send email to >>> [email protected] >>> >> . >>> >> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to >>> >> > [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> >>> . >>> >> > For more options, visit this group at >>> >> > http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en. >>> >> > >>> >> > >>> >> >>> >> -- >>> >> Sent from my mobile device >>> >> >>> >> -- >>> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> >> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>> >> To post to this group, send email to >>> >> [email protected]. >>> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to >>> >> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> >>> >> . >>> >> For more options, visit this group at >>> >> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en >>> >> . >>> >> >>> >> >>> >> -- >>> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> >> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>> >> To post to this group, send email to >>> >> [email protected]. >>> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to >>> >> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> >>> >> . >>> >> For more options, visit this group at >>> >> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en >>> >> . >>> >> -- >>> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> >> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>> >> To post to this group, send email to >>> >> [email protected]. >>> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to >>> >> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> >>> >> . >>> >> For more options, visit this group at >>> >> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en >>> >> . >>> >> >>> >> -- >>> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> >> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>> >> To post to this group, send email to >>> >> [email protected]. >>> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to >>> >> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> >>> >> . >>> >> For more options, visit this group at >>> >> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en >>> >> . >>> > >>> > -- >>> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> Groups >>> > "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>> > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. >>> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to >>> > [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> >>> . >>> > For more options, visit this group at >>> > http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en. >>> > >>> > >>> >>> -- >>> Sent from my mobile device >>> >>> -- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >>> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. >>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to >>> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> >>> . >>> For more options, visit this group at >>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en. >>> >>> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to >> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> >> . >> For more options, visit this group at >> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en. >> > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected]. > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en. > > -- Sent from my mobile device -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
