HI all, I said I would wait a week to give my final review on the progressive 412 rear shocks. I do not think that would be necessary. I just love them. This morning I had a long ride to work, since I had to pick up a friend who's car broke down. The whole trip was probably like 1 and a half hour, with a lot of traffic, lights, and bad routes (pot holes, bumps, etc). The ride was lovely. The new shocks absorbed almost all the impacts, except in very extreme cases in which pretty much the whole bike was sinking into a very big pot hole, or passing through a particularly big bump at high speed. I was surprised with the fact that when I went out in the morning I wasn't really thinking about the shocks. Actually, I was paying attention to the performance of the engine since I also did the washer mod. As I took the usual streets I realized that my body (i.e., by but), was getting prepared for know irregularities on the road that use to infringe so much pain and discomfort. All muscles would be tense just find that those critical spots are not relevant anymore! As I pick up a friend, I was also able to ride with a passenger. No problems with that. Finally, I also want to say that sport riding style is improved as well, since I tried few high speed cornering, and handle was superior too. I believe this is all that I need to experience to give thumbs to this product. I would recommend it to anyone that is having issues with the comfort of the riding. I have not installed the fork springs yet, so I am still expecting to improve the feeling of my bike a bit more.
I hope this information helps. I am sorry if I am not describing the shocks in more technical way, but these are just my impressions. Regards, Javier. On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 6:41 PM, surfswab <[email protected]> wrote: > Something to keep in mind while considering the three different models > of shocks: > > The 418s have the pre-load adjuster at the top of the shock, just > under the bolt mount. It's a hex-key kind of arrangement. That means > after its installed, it will be covered up by the side cowl, therefore > inaccessible for casual adjustment. You'd have to remove the panels > to get at it, in other words. > > Dunno about the 416s, but the air adjustment nozzle looks as if it > might interfere with the cowls as well. > > Best to ask the dealer some pointed questions about that before > committing to a purchase. > > As I understand it, the 412s are direct bolt-on replacements for the > stock shocks and adjust in the same manner. > > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> > . > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en. > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
