MN Blue,
           It's probably a Yuasa....
           For a cheap battery it isn't uncommon to see two years on a
battery before you just can't get anymore out of it. My Dad's 2002
Harley FLHTC just had its factory battery replaced. However - he keeps
it in a warm garage on a battery maintainer. (My Nighthawk sits
outside under a shade tree in my driveway and still starts
better!!!!!!! He really doesn't like that part)
           If a battery gets let go without charge / proper
maintenance - it shortens the life severely. I would suggest cutting
your losses before it goes completely and you wind up with a dead
ride.
           I purchased an Energizer from Sam's Club this time around,
only downside, it is not a maintenance free one so I have to keep
checking water levels and such.
          Good luck!
          -Joey

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 9:35 PM, Minnesota Blue <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I think the battery on my 83 650 is giving out on me.  Like an idiot I
> let it dry up this winter.  Slowly brought it back to life with
> charging and distilled water and it has been doing the job.  However,
> I think letting it dry up is finally cathing up.  I was just wondering
> what the average life span for a battery is on these bikes?  I am sure
> many people have very diffrent experiences, but I imagine there is a
> certain amount of consistency.  I bought this current battery in the
> fall of 2008.  I purchased it from the Honda dealer (Yusa? Can never
> remember the proper name).  With the weak charging system on these
> motorcycles I am curious if it wears out a battery faster than most
> bikes.
>
> Thanks!
>
> MN Blue
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to